Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Human Spiritm 57 more reasons I love Israel

Jerusalem Post | Breaking News from Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World: "The Human Spirit: 57 more reasons I love Israel
By BARBARA SOFER

Last Independence Day, I suggested 56 reasons why I love Israel. With the trepidation of embarking on a sequel, I venture forth with 57 additional reasons - in no particular order.
1. At Jerusalem's Biblical Zoo the loudspeaker announces 'Afternoon prayers (minha) are now being held near the lions.'
2. The Biblical Zoo is kosher for Pessah. The primates eat matza, but the parrots get rice.
3. The nation mourns when a distinguished songwriter dies.
4. The prime minister invites not only survivors, but their soldier grandchildren to the March of the Living at Auschwitz "

No comments: